Get your paperwork done early to expedite the check in process. Download your forms from below, fill them out, and bring them with you.
Rental Agreement for Terms and Conditions:
**Rental pick up time is between 9-11 a.m.
- Week day rentals must be canceled 72 hours before rental with a $150 non refundable payment.
- Holiday and weekend rentals must be canceled two weeks in advance with a $150 non refundable payment.
- If it is a holiday week , you must cancel two weeks in advance with a $150 non refundable payment.
- Renters and drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
- Renters and drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
- The person who signs the rental contract is required to fill out the rental agreement and held responsible for the pontoon during their rental period.
How Renting a Boat Works:
- Renters must call to reserve a boat. If you walk-in, we cannot guarantee there will be a boat available to rent.
- To reserve your rental, the full payment is taken at the time of the reservation. You can pay with credit card, venmo or cash.
- A $1,500 security deposit is authorized to your credit card the day of the rental. If there are no damages incurred during your rental, (Refer to the DAMAGES section below) the deposit will be released and you will not be charged anything.
- Rental rates do not include tax, fuel or gratuity.
The Rental Times:
- Full day rental times are from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Return time is between 4-5 pm.
- **Boats have to be at fuel dock by 4:30, gassed up and in the slip by 5 pm. ( After 5 pm every 15 minutes is $25 charged to card, after the first hour is $200 )
Our rates are structured according to week days, weekend days and holidays.
- Rental boats are prepared with a full tank of gas at the beginning of the rental. Upon return, gas dock attendants will help you park the boat if needed and “top off” the fuel tank. The renter is only responsible for the fuel used during their rental.
- FAILURE TO RE FILL THE BOAT will result in a $25 surcharge plus the cost of the fuel.
- Renters are responsible for all damages incurred during their rental period.
- Absolutely no pets or grills are allowed on boats.
- Sweetwater Pontoon renters may take boats as far as Cedar Creek Marina
- Sweetwater Pontoon renters are NOT allowed to lock through the damn.
- On the day of the rental reservation, the driver of the boat is required to bring a valid driver’s license and a valid credit card (debit cards are not acceptable). If these two cards are not available the day of the rental, then we cannot send out the rental or fix the charges on the credit card.
- We will authorize a $1500 security deposit on your credit card.
- Renters are responsible for all damages incurred during their rental period up to $1500.00
- After damage assessment upon return of the boat, any damage will be estimated and charged to your $1500 security deposit immediately.
- Refusal to pay for damages assessed will result in immediate notification to all credit reporting agencies, and we will file suit with small claims court where you will be required to pay our attorneys fees and court costs in addition to the charge for the damages.
- If you do not agree with our assessed damage cost, we will at the time charge the entire $1500 and have the damages professionally assessed, and then refund to you via paypal the remainder of your deposit if any remains.
- Quite often, our assessment is less than the professional assessment we receive, therefore, it may be in your best interest to pay for the damage assessed on site.
- Anyone refusing to pay for damages to our equipment will also be banned from ever renting our equipment in the future.
- For your safety, if you rent or bring a towable or tube please be aware that tubers must wear life vests at all times.
- If the boat is returned in a manner in which the boat will take extra effort to clean than usual. (Extra amount of mud, stains, trash, food, etc.) There will be a charge of $50. You will have the opportunity to clean it up yourself, but if you choose not, there will be a charge.
Inclement Weather Policy:
- If there are inclement weather conditions in the Old Hickory Lake area prior to departure time then the rental reservation will be postponed or delayed. Inclement weather is defined as weather where there are unsafe conditions, such as a warning of severe, high wind advisory or tornado as defined by the National Weather Service. You will be able to reschedule the reservation during the same rental request (weekday rental for a weekday rental) within a 30 day period or depending on boat availability.
- If weather conditions are overcast, cloudy and rainy, but no use of warnings are issued by the NWS, your rental still stands for the day.
- In the case weather turns severe while you are on the lake, seek a place of safety such as a cove, an inlet or a protected shoreline and anchor the boat at the bow (front) into the wind.
*Renter’s must be 21 years of age with a valid credit card for security deposit
*We are located on Old Hickory Lake out of Creekwood Marina in Hendersonville.
*9.25% Sales tax and 5.5% Core of Engineer’s tax is added to all rentals